Thursday, 15 December 2016

Wish list

I thought long and hard about beefing up my act
By trying to be streetwise and removing the tact
I thought about using a drum machine
And dressing in a style that was moody and mean

I tried to show I had my finger on the pulse
With a Liverpool accent, but it came out sounding false
I tried to hit the stage like a sex machine
But that didn't work beecause my shirt wasn't clean

The working class hero was another ploy
But it all fell flat and I started to annoy
I wanted my persona to be witty and wise
But a leopard can't change its spots no matter how it tries

I wanted my words to be smart and incisive
But it sounded insincere and it proved to be devisive
I wanted to appeal to the nation's youth
When all I really needed was to tell the truth



0200 hours

Creative Commons License
Wish list by Steve Wheeler was written in Plymouth, England on 18 June 1997 and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment