Thursday 15 December 2016

Wish list

I thought long and hard about beefing up my act
by trying to be streetwise and removing the tact
I thought about using a drum machine
and dressing in a style that was moody and mean

I tried to show I had my finger on the pulse
with a Liverpool accent, but it came out sounding false
I tried to hit the stage like a sex machine
but that didn't work because my shirt wasn't clean

The working class hero was another ploy
but it all fell flat and I started to annoy
I wanted my persona to be witty and wise
but a leopard can't change its spots no matter how it tries

I wanted my words to be smart and incisive
but it sounded insincere and it proved to be divisive
I wanted to appeal to the nation's youth
when all I really needed was to tell the truth



Steve Wheeler © 15 December, 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment