Saturday 20 June 2020

Deep Clean

Photo from Pixnio














I have a vacuum cleaner
That cleans the carpet well
It deals with all the messy stains
And takes away the smell
It picks up toe nail clippings
And a hundred kinds of bits
It gathers up the ear wax
And incarcerates the nits

It eradicates the fluff and stuff
And every kind of dander
It cleans up every surface
From the backdoor to the front door
It clears out nooks and crannies
And scours every niche
It sucks up cake and biscuit crumbs
And dried up bits of quiche

What annoys me most of all
Is the cleaning never ends
No matter how you suck it up
The more the dust descends
And when its little bag is full
It’s emptied in the bin
And then the cycle starts again -
It’s a lot like me, and sin

I have a vacuum cleaner
That cleans my carpet well
It deals with the unsavoury
But it can’t save me from Hell
My soul was deeply stained by sin
Through wilful dark manoeuvres
Then Jesus Christ deep cleaned my soul
More efficient than a hundred Hoovers




Steve Wheeler © 21 July, 1997 (Revised 20 June, 2020)
Isaiah 64:6

No comments:

Post a Comment