Wednesday 10 February 2021

Small Lights Burning


Over the years, I have written a substantial collection of poems about childhood, growing up and being young (because I was young myself once ... no, really). It was difficult to narrow down this stack of poems to just 50, but I managed to do it, and they have now been published in a new book called Small Lights Burning. The book also features several short stories - all about children and their imagination. I decided to publish this volume to celebrate the birth of my first grandchild, Norah Ruth Wheeler - who was born a few weeks before Christmas, 2020. Norah's arrival was one small light burning in a sea of darkness during the lockdowns, pandemic and other horrible things that were happening, and are still ongoing in the world today. The book also features some illustrations and images of children (mainly the mischief me and my cousins got up to as kids, or photos of my own children) that I hope will delight you.

The book is available in both paperback and Kindle, and I hope you will grab a copy and enjoy reading it. I hope it evokes memories of your own childhood, because that's all we have now - memories of the times we were small and innocent and full of wonder, and the world was strange and unknown, and for exploring. The book contains some serious reflective poems, some funny ones that will make you smile, and even one or two nonsense rhymes. Please take a punt and read them. Then let me know what you think. As ever, I'm open to any feedback, positive and/or constructive, either on here or as an Amazon review. 

In the UK the book is available here:

Amazon UK: Paperback £6.99 Kindle £1.99 


The book is also on sale at the following worldwide locations including:

Australia: Kindle A$3.99 Paperback A$21.76

Brazil: Kindle R$13.61

Canada: Paperback C$11.99 Kindle C$3.49

France: Kindle €2.69

Germany: Kindle €2.69

Italy: Kindle €2.69

India: Kindle ₹195

Japan: Paperback ¥1099  Kindle ¥277

Mexico: Kindle $52.60

Netherlands: Kindle €2.69

Singapore: Paperback S$13.45

Spain: Kindle €2.69

Turkey: Paperback TL68.10

USA: Paperback $9.99 Kindle $2.99



No comments:

Post a Comment