Monday 1 February 2021

A shot in the arm



I’m test-driving vaccines. They’ve caused me no harm. 
I’ve had twenty-six now, they’re a shot in the arm. 
If I venture outside, please don’t be surprised 
when I step back inside I’ve been immunised.

I’m protected from viruses prolifically. 
The best one’s the flu jab (which is annually). 
When the ampule is drained and the needle injects 
I’m never concerned about side effects.

There’s a long list of vaccines they’ve given to me 
such as Hepatitis vaccine (both the A and the B).
They’re given in jabs, they don’t come in a tube 
but the Polio vaccine takes the form of a cube.

Thanks to the vaccines I’ve taken in jabs 
Yellow fever can’t touch me, nor typhoid, nor crabs. 
Meningitis won’t harm me and nor will the Dengue. 
Those dangerous viruses won’t take me away 

I had my first vaccine before I could run 
Mumps, Measles, Rubella as a three in one. 
Tetanus and Whooping Cough are also no threat 
and I know that Diphtheria won’t make me sweat. 

Today I was immunised for Covid-19 
(they seem to have skipped the previous 18). 
I will be quite ecstatic if they develop a shot 
to make anti-vaxxers disappear on the spot.
 

Steve Wheeler © 1 February, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment