Wednesday 4 November 2020

Love is a metaphor




If love is a battlefield, I’m a loose cannon 
firing my salvoes across your bow. 
If love is a garden, I’m an unwanted weed. 
Take care, ‘cos you reap what you sow. 

If love is a wildfire, I’m out of control, 
consuming all things in my path. 
If love is a journey, I’m a bump in your road; 
I’m the snake you find coiled in your bath. 

If love is a galaxy, then I am a comet, 
my orbit burns bright round your sun. 
If love is an animal, I’m a cat among pigeons, 
ruining your day before it’s begun. 

If love is a market I upset the apple cart, 
the fruits of your labour all over the place. 
“Houston, we have a problem” right from the start 
The craft of our love is adrift in deep space. 


Steve Wheeler © 4 November, 2020

Image from Pikist

No comments:

Post a Comment