Thursday 29 April 2021

Missing child


My inner child is missing
please help me search for him
He’s vanished from the neighbourhood
and he’s nowhere to be seen
I called out a search party
but they’re clueless just like me
I’m worried that he’s found his way
into unsavoury company

I’m desperate now to find him
my crazy inner child
He’s the only aspect of my life
that keeps me running wild
I miss my inner child so much
now he’s missing from the scene
Without him life is shades of grey
at the last count, seventeen

I miss his foolish pranking
and those silly made up songs
I’m desperate now to find him to
bring him back where he belongs
but it seems I’m not the only one
‘cos a list is being compiled
of the many other frantic folks
who have lost their inner child

Steve Wheeler © 29 April, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment