Saturday 3 April 2021

Paid on the nail



You can try to silence me but I’m still gonna praise Him / you can try to shut me down but I’m still gonna raise Him / you can put me in the corner, you won’t stop me saying His name / you can side-line me, but you can’t take me out of the game / you can take away my freedom, but I get to keep my faith / you can throw away the key, I’m a still gonna walk free / ‘cos He ain’t gonna let nobody lay their hands on me / you can keep me in the darkness, I’m a still see His light / I can see Him in His glory though you take away my sight / ain’t nowhere you can put me I can’t see Him on His throne / ain’t nowhere you can isolate me ‘cos I’ll never be alone / You can beat me try to break me I ain’t never giving in / you can leave me and forsake me but He took away my sin / whatever I’m in, He’ll see me through He’ll never let me down / He will even raise me up when I’m a six feet underground / in sickness or in health in riches or in despair / He’s the only one my mind’s fixed on ‘cos He’s the only one who cares / You can hate me you can doubt me but you’ll never grind me down / you can call me names, drop me the blame, I ain’t never turning round / try anything you like to ridicule who you think I am / but the truth is you can’t separate me from the Great I Am / There ain’t a thing in this world that can deviate my path / see, one plus one is four, but you can never do the math / He is the three in one, and I’m the Apple of His eye / He’s the Ancient of Days, and He will never ever die / I am bought with a price, I am paid for on the nail / and I’m standing on His promises, ‘cos they will never, ever fail.

Steve Wheeler © 3 April, 2021

1 comment: