Monday 6 September 2021

Flame



I could stare at flickering flames all night
when I should be wandering in my dreams
I could gaze at a candle as it dances bright
but the minutes fly and so must I, it seems

Flames have a strange power to captivate
despite their cruel destructive capabilities 
The heat and light they furiously radiate
holds the promise to harm, or put at ease

Flames, consuming all, voraciously to eat 
everything that falls within their hungry path 
Fire that immolates with unforgiving heat 
and razes all to ashes with its fiery wrath

Flames that warm and thaw the harshest cold 
or offer radiant energy to cleanse the soul 
Eternal flame saluting all the brave and bold 
I could forever gaze upon your healing glow


Steve Wheeler © 6 September, 2021
Image source: Marco Verch

No comments:

Post a Comment