Wednesday 28 April 2021

Call me when you're next in town



Call me when you’re next in town
I wasn’t available at all today
Text me or give me a phone call
I’ll try to keep my diary free
Call me when you’re next my way
Knock on the door, shout up the stair
I’ll see what time I’ve got to spare
what time there is to meet

Call me when you’re passing by
and I’ll try to make some time
I’m sorry I missed you a second time
I lead such a busy life these days
and you know that time is money
Let me know when you’re about
and around my neighbourhood
It’s been a long time since we talked

Send me a direct message or some other
social media communication
to let me know you’re passing through
I missed you yet again, and your text too
My smartphone was out of juice
or not switched on, I forget which one
I will try to respond to your message
It’s been a long time since we last said hello

Call me when you’re next in town
Just call me and I'll see what I can do

Steve Wheeler © 28 April, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment