Wednesday 26 May 2021

Epiphany


The epiphany that came to me 
transformed my outlook utterly; 
pervaded every part of me; 
became my divine odyssey. 
What first began as jamais vu
was all at once a bird that flew
as I saw what I hitherto
had found elusive, rarely viewed.
My vision came in dead of night
a dream of ethereal insight.
I saw a city, gleaming white
wherein the streets of gold shone bright.
My vision next changed to reveal
a vast meadow of flowering field,
with sparkling streams of life that heal
and fruiting trees of constant yield.
A wondrous pathway next I trod
toward the Great White Throne of God
and there I saw with awe and dread
the One from whom all darkness fled.
He had the radiant face of Christ
full iridescent, shining bright.
His mighty throne, the source of light,
made heaven's stratosphere ignite.
A million million voices sang
worthy is He, the spotless Lamb,
Creator God, the great I Am,
Jesus the King, the Son of Man.
This glorious epiphany
came to my dreams, inspiring me,
for as I glimpsed eternity
I saw through faith my destiny.
One day I'll kneel before His throne
and there I shall cast down my crown.
In radiant robes of white I'll stand,
protected by His nail scarred hands.

Steve Wheeler © 27 May, 2021 

No comments:

Post a Comment