Thursday 27 May 2021

Toxic



I’m in the business of breaking little hearts
I don’t care if it tears their worlds apart 
I’m out to charm you, will you step into my lair? 
Did you mention conscience? Hell, I don’t really care 
Watch as the seeds of my destruction grow 
Tell me something that I didn’t know

I’m on the lookout for new blood, constantly 
Baby, you’ll regret it if you get in bed with me 
Just one bite and the infection quickly spreads 
Stay around me long enough, and I’ll be seeing red 
I act like a friend but I’m really your foe 
Tell me something that I didn’t know

Never been conventional, I don’t walk the line 
Look once in my direction, and baby, you’ll be mine 
Although I look innocent, I’ll show you all my charm 
Make you feel my comfort while I’m doing you harm 
You agreed to this, when you should have said no 
Tell me something that I didn’t know

Steve Wheeler © 28 May, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment