Sunday 16 May 2021

Killer Application


I’m the killer application 
inside your imagination 
I’m a virtual simulation 
I’m the eyes of the whole nation 
I’m a sinner and a saint 
I’m the slowly drying paint 
of graffiti on the wall 
I’m the pride before your fall 

I’m the earworm in your brain 
slowly driving you insane 
I’m your sick and dying planet 
I’m a mountain made of granite 
I’m the one who knows you best 
I’m the bullet in your chest 
 I’m a complicated theory 
I’m the sofa when you're weary

I’m your youth and I'm your age 
I’m the turning of your page 
I’m the inner city violence 
I’m the dread inside the silence 
I’m the eye of the typhoon 
I’m the rains of the monsoon I
’m the next man on the moon 
I’m the twenty-first of June

I’m an unknown constellation 
I’m your final destination 
I’m the vernal equinox 
I can open your black box 
I’m a raging forest fire 
and a dozen false messiahs 
I can bring you to your knees 
With a mystery disease

I’m relentless on my mission 
An indecent proposition 
I’m your future and your past 
and your clock is running fast 
I’m your killer application 
I wipe out the competition 
Nail your colours to my mast 
‘Cos it’s gonna be a blast


Steve Wheeler © 16 May, 2021

photo © Steve Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment