Monday 8 March 2021

Alter ego



Gaze at the mirror imagery 
in look/ing glass, find clarity 
to see if there’s authentic me 
a true impression, naturally 

If I could juxtapositionally 
adopt a new, alternate me 
gain entry to new territory 
what might be my discovery?

If such a revised visage, i.e. 
[my alter ego] came to be 
from shadows of the former me 
who in that mirror might I see?

Hail to my new identity! 
A ghost of the alternate me! 
If I could call it differently 
who else could I possibly be?

Swapping, changing me for me 
change constantly [duality] 
My first me, supplementally 
severally, parity, equity

But what if I disliked that me 
and scorned that new reality? 
Could I revert to normality? 
On reflection, no. It’s still just me 


Steve Wheeler © 8 March, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment