Tuesday 9 March 2021

Number One



I want a high powered motorbike 
I want a million YouTube likes 
I want a ten pin bowling strike 
I want a droppable mic 
I don’t ever want food that’s beige 
I want my very own fan club page 
To play a set on the Pyramid stage 
I don’t wanna live in a cage 
I want patience and I want it now 
I want to slay the sacred cow 
I want peace but I don’t know how 
I don’t want a furrowed brow 
I want holidays in the sun 
I want to live to a hundred and one 
I want successes by the ton 
You know boys just wanna have fun 
I want to see the South of France 
I want to learn to salsa dance 
turn spirals in my yoga pants 
melt your heart with a single glance 
I wanna be your second to none 
Walk hand in hand till the day is done 
bringing you roses by the ton 
I wanna be your number one


Steve Wheeler © 9 March, 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment